To Die or Not to Die
Understanding Emotional Implications of Families Living with a Loved- One’s Serious Illness.
Through the use of my book – BONE KNOWING: Coming to Life in the Face of Impending Loss (2009), I’ll use vignettes of story in combination with clinical information to provide participants with:
- An understanding of anticipatory grief both general and specific to a serious illness in the family.
- An understanding of the impact anticipatory grief has on the family system/marital relationship.
- Interventions to support family (support network concept)
- Experiential interventions for working with children
- An understanding of end-of-life issues
Date(s) - 05/20/2011
8:00 am - 12:00 pm