Understanding Emotional Implications of Families Living with a Loved- One’s Serious Illness.
Through the use of my book – BONE KNOWING: Coming to Life in the Face of Impending Loss (2009), I’ll use vignettes of story in combination with clinical information to provide participants with:
• An understanding of anticipatory grief both general and specific to a serious illness in the family.
• An understanding of the impact anticipatory grief has on the family system/marital relationship.
• Interventions to support family (support network concept).
• Experiential interventions for working with children.
• An understanding of end-of-life issues.